Saturday, November 07, 2009

Long Trials

Acts 24:24-27
24Several days later Felix came with his wife Drusilla, who was a Jewess. He sent for Paul and listened to him as he spoke about faith in Christ Jesus. 25As Paul discoursed on righteousness, self-control and the judgment to come, Felix was afraid and said, "That's enough for now! You may leave. When I find it convenient, I will send for you." 26At the same time he was hoping that Paul would offer him a bribe, so he sent for him frequently and talked with him.

27When two years had passed, Felix was succeeded by Porcius Festus, but because Felix wanted to grant a favor to the Jews, he left Paul in prison.


Paul was stuck in prison for more than two years. He spoke and testified with the Governor many times, yet he was still kept in prison during those times.

Sometimes, trails can last for a long time. Paul was in prison for two years, and some of our trials last for years. Some people stay sick for decades, some people suffer from abuse for years, some people go through a season of hardship, but throughout the times, Jesus is with us. He is there to give us strength and to encourage us to press on.

Father God, I pray for your anointing. I pray for strength from You. I know that my trails will be long, and that there are hard times to come, but I pray for your strength to encourage me to continue on. I thank you for your comfort. You are my peace and joy. I pray this to glorify your great name.
Amen.

No comments: