Thursday, November 19, 2009

Circumcising the Sinful Nature Away

Romans 2:28-29
28A man is not a Jew if he is only one outwardly, nor is circumcision merely outward and physical. 29No, a man is a Jew if he is one inwardly; and circumcision is circumcision of the heart, by the Spirit, not by the written code. Such a man's praise is not from men, but from God.


Paul speaks of circumcision of our hearts, lives, and intentions. The Holy Spirit is there to "cut" away the sinful nature that we have in our lives, leaving one that is righteous by His grace.

I need to allow the Holy Spirit to circumcise me in all areas that are not pleasing to Him. Circumcision is never a pleasant thing, but God is doing a work in me where I can wholly dedicate myself to Him.

Father God, I thank you for your words. I pray for more of You in my life. Circumcise the sinfulness that seeps into me, and cut it off, leaving me capable of having more of You. I pray for your grace. Thank you Lord. I pray this in Your Holy and mighty Name.
Amen.

No comments: