Sunday, October 25, 2009

Praying For Hardened Hearts

Acts 17:2-3
2As his custom was, Paul went into the synagogue, and on three Sabbath days he reasoned with them from the Scriptures, 3explaining and proving that the Christ had to suffer and rise from the dead. "This Jesus I am proclaiming to you is the Christ," he said.


Paul debated with the people in the temple for three weeks. These people reasoned and argued, but in the end, many of them kicked him out of the city.

It is not our role to debate with others the truth of God, but we are called to present the good news of Jesus Christ. There are many people out there that just want to argue, but instead of arguing, speak truth into their lives, and pray for them.

Jesus Christ, I thank you for the great things you have done in my life. I know your good deeds and your blessings that you have covered me with. I pray for a spirit of not reasoning and debating, but a spirit to present Your love towards others. I pray for those hearts that your words fall on, and that their hearts may be open and that they may hear and be transformed by Your words. I pray this in faith in Jesus name.
Amen.

No comments: