Friday, June 05, 2009

Being Content With God's Blessings

Prov 30:8-9
8 Keep falsehood and lies far from me;
give me neither poverty nor riches,
but give me only my daily bread.

9 Otherwise, I may have too much and disown you
and say, 'Who is the LORD ?'
Or I may become poor and steal,
and so dishonor the name of my God.


This prayer is a prayer of humility, of trusting in God, and in allowing Himself to be led by God.

I need to pray this prayer of humility. I must not seek the riches and glory, but to allow God to use me and to mold me. Through this passage, it shows me that I am content with what God has blessed me with.

Father God, You are the create of the heavens and the earth. You are so awesome. Your glory is evident in all the land. I know You. I thank You. I pray that you may give me my daily bread. Let me not be greedy, let me not be in need, let me not be wanting, but be content with Your blessings. I thank you so much. You are so great. I want to praise and glorify Your name.
Amen.

No comments: