Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Being A Busybody Or Living A Meaningful Life

2 Thess 3:11-13
11We hear that some among you are idle. They are not busy; they are busybodies. 12Such people we command and urge in the Lord Jesus Christ to settle down and earn the bread they eat. 13And as for you, brothers, never tire of doing what is right.


Paul is teaching the people of the church to not be consumers of the word, but to be effective Christians that do what is right. To work hard, to live a life that is meaningful.

This passage gets me to reflect back on my life in this season, and see if I was a busybody or someone that is living a meaningful life. I can honestly say that God has done great things in my life, and that he has more plans for me. I must never tire of doing what is right.

Father God, my Lord and my Savior, the Alpha and the Omega, the beginning and the end, the God of this Universe, You have done great things in my life. You have led me in through so much, and I thank you that you continue to lead me through this great adventure. I ask that you continue to watch over me and have your hand on my life. Bless it as you have blessed me with much, and I pray that I may glorify you in all that I do. I pray this in Jesus name.
Amen.

No comments: