Tuesday, April 07, 2009

Keeping Your Promise To The Lord

1 Sam 1:21-22
21 When the man Elkanah went up with all his family to offer the annual sacrifice to the LORD and to fulfill his vow, 22 Hannah did not go. She said to her husband, "After the boy is weaned, I will take him and present him before the LORD, and he will live there always."


Hannah had made a promise to the Lord to give her son to Him if the Lord had allowed her to have a son. When she did have a son, she kept to her promise and offered him to be used by God.

I look at this passage and I see the heart of Hannah. I can't imagine giving up your only son. Her heart was right with the Lord, because she knew that she will keep her promise to God.

Father Lord, I pray for a heart and a faith like Hannah. It is so hard to live truthfully and holy in this life, and yet it would be even harder to do it when we are given much. I want to pray for strength to be able to put my faith in You. Lord, I ask that I may keep my promises and my life to be a offering to You. I want to live holy and righteous. I want to live a life according to Your will. I ask that you seal this in Jesus name.
Amen.

No comments: