Friday, April 24, 2009

John Declare Before, We Declare After

Matt 11:7-10
7As John's disciples were leaving, Jesus began to speak to the crowd about John: "What did you go out into the desert to see? A reed swayed by the wind? 8If not, what did you go out to see? A man dressed in fine clothes? No, those who wear fine clothes are in kings' palaces. 9Then what did you go out to see? A prophet? Yes, I tell you, and more than a prophet. 10This is the one about whom it is written:
" 'I will send my messenger ahead of you,
who will prepare your way before you.'


Jesus was saying that John the baptist was the person who was a prophet to declare the coming of the Christ.

While John was to declare the coming, we are the one's who share the news that he came. It is our role to declare that Christ has come, and that he wants to bridge the gap to form the relationship that we lost.

Father God, I pray that you may empower me to do what is good in your eyes. I pray that I may get strength from you that I may declare that Christ has come. I ask that I may be bold, and that You be glorified. In Jesus name I pray.
Amen.

No comments: