Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Hating On Sin

Psalms 139:19-22
19 If only you would slay the wicked, O God!
Away from me, you bloodthirsty men!

20 They speak of you with evil intent;
your adversaries misuse your name.

21 Do I not hate those who hate you, O LORD,
and abhor those who rise up against you?

22 I have nothing but hatred for them;
I count them my enemies.


David is crying out the the Lord. His heart shows his distaste for his enemy. He hates them so much.

God's enemy is my enemy. My sin is distaste and He hates it. I need to hate my sin like how God hates it.

Father, Lord I pray that my heart is like yours. I pray that I may hate my sins like how you hate it. I pray that I may be delivered by Jesus to turn away from my wicked ways, and I ask for your forgiveness to make me whole. I ask for your strength and your Holy Spirit power. Thank you Lord.
Amen.

No comments: