Wednesday, March 25, 2009

The Witness Stone, Our Lives As Witnesses

Joshua 24:24-27
24 And the people said to Joshua, "We will serve the LORD our God and obey him."

25 On that day Joshua made a covenant for the people, and there at Shechem he drew up for them decrees and laws. 26 And Joshua recorded these things in the Book of the Law of God. Then he took a large stone and set it up there under the oak near the holy place of the LORD.

27 "See!" he said to all the people. "This stone will be a witness against us. It has heard all the words the LORD has said to us. It will be a witness against you if you are untrue to your God."


When Joshua was talking to the people of Israel, and recorded the events of the Lord there. What speaks to me is the stone that represented the witness of this event.

Stones last a long time. They show the endurance of time through ages. Even till now, certain historic artifacts that were written in stone are still readable. The stone represents longevity. We are like stones that represent the love of Christ. We are to last a long time, representing He who died for us.

Father, God of the heavens and the earth. I thank you for life and life so abundantly. I pray for your anointing, and I pray that I may be able to represent you in all that I do. Let me be the witness stone that lasts for ages. I want to be Christ-like. I give you all the glory in what you did at Dominate808 youth convention. It was totally awesome in how you used me with helping out. I pray that represent more of you everyday. Thank you Lord. In Jesus name.
Amen.

No comments: