Friday, March 20, 2009

Let Me Be Satisfied With All You Have Blessed Me With

Joshua 7:19-21
19 Then Joshua said to Achan, "My son, give glory to the LORD, the God of Israel, and give him the praise. Tell me what you have done; do not hide it from me."

20 Achan replied, "It is true! I have sinned against the LORD, the God of Israel. This is what I have done: 21 When I saw in the plunder a beautiful robe from Babylonia, two hundred shekels of silver and a wedge of gold weighing fifty shekels, I coveted them and took them. They are hidden in the ground inside my tent, with the silver underneath."


The people of Israel went up to take over the land over the Jordan, but the Lord was not with them. Because of one person's greed, who had taken what the Lord said not to, the Lord removed His presence from them.

Greed is a huge weight on one's life. It is very difficult to overcome greed. America is full of greed, consuming much, wanting much, and that is why the U.S. is in such a recession. We need to not be greedy as the Lord has given us much and blessed us with much. Is it not enough?

Father, I want to thank you for the blessings that you have poured out on my life. I thank you for my breath of life, I thank you for the healthy body that I have, I thank you for peace, joy, a great family, a awesome girlfriend, a future, a car, enough to eat each day, a place where I can worship You, knowledge to go through life and be smart, a laptop to write this devotion, a warm bed that is comfortable to me, and many more blessings. Thank you Lord. I want to pray that greed not take over me, but that You are enough for me. Keep me from wanting more, but let me be satisfied. I want to glorify you in all this in Jesus name.
Amen.

No comments: