Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Trusting God Through All Situations

Mark 4:35-40
35That day when evening came, he said to his disciples, "Let us go over to the other side." 36Leaving the crowd behind, they took him along, just as he was, in the boat. There were also other boats with him. 37A furious squall came up, and the waves broke over the boat, so that it was nearly swamped. 38Jesus was in the stern, sleeping on a cushion. The disciples woke him and said to him, "Teacher, don't you care if we drown?"

39He got up, rebuked the wind and said to the waves, "Quiet! Be still!" Then the wind died down and it was completely calm.

40He said to his disciples, "Why are you so afraid? Do you still have no faith?"


Even after Jesus spoke through parables and explained it to his disciples, they still had no little faith in Jesus. They were still scared of the future and doubtful of the outcome.

After spending so much time with Jesus, and having him speak into their lives, after sharing to them and having them trust in Him, it is hard to do when trouble come by. We need to be able to trust Jesus, not only when things are good, but through troubled times.

Father, Lord of the heavens and the earth, I pray that I may be able to trust in You no matter what the situation. I pray that You take control of my life and calm my storms. Give me faith to do this. I thank you, and I give you all the glory in Jesus name.
Amen.

No comments: