Monday, February 23, 2009

Do Not Let Fear Cloud Your Judgement, Trust In God

Num 13:31-33
31 But the men who had gone up with him said, "We can't attack those people; they are stronger than we are." 32 And they spread among the Israelites a bad report about the land they had explored. They said, "The land we explored devours those living in it. All the people we saw there are of great size. 33 We saw the Nephilim there (the descendants of Anak come from the Nephilim). We seemed like grasshoppers in our own eyes, and we looked the same to them."


The people who went up to spy on the land came back in fear. They were clouded by their own judgements that they did not trust God. Their fear overcame them, blowing things out of proportion.

Fear can do many things to people. But, through our fears, we need to trust in the Lord to do great things through us.

Father God, I pray against my "giants" that cloud my judgements. I pray against any fear of the future and the unknown, but that I may trust in You, the Lord of all the Universe. I pray for your guidance in my life. I pray that I may follow You. I pray against the fear in Jesus name. Do what you want in my life. I give you glory and honor and praise.
Amen.

No comments: