Thursday, February 12, 2009

Be Holy Because He Is Holy

Leviticus 19:1
1 The LORD said to Moses, 2 "Speak to the entire assembly of Israel and say to them: 'Be holy because I, the LORD your God, am holy.


The Lord tells His people to be Holy.

This is such an awesome statement. What other reason do we need other than the fact that God wants us to be like Him. He doesn't need to tell us, "Oh, don't do that, you'll hurt yourself." or "Oh, don't do that, you are sinning against your brother." But, He simply says to be Holy because He is.

Father, You are Holy. You are the Holy one. You died and risen to give us Salvation. Lord, you are so awesome. I pray against impurity. I pray against evil and detestable thoughts. Give me a mind and heart for You. Allow me to be Holy like You are. Lord, I thank you for your covering and your blessings. I give you all the glory in Jesus name.
Amen.

No comments: