Thursday, November 20, 2008

Being A Light To The World Through Our Good Deeds

Matt 5:13-16
13"You are the salt of the earth. But if the salt loses its saltiness, how can it be made salty again? It is no longer good for anything, except to be thrown out and trampled by men.

14"You are the light of the world. A city on a hill cannot be hidden. 15Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house. 16In the same way, let your light shine before men, that they may see your good deeds and praise your Father in heaven.


Jesus speaks of us being salt and light to the world. What salt and light have in common is that they do not make any sound. Salt is something that preserves and light is something that can be seen. Here it says in verse 16 that "they may see your good deeds and praise your Father in heaven."

We sometimes talk too much, and act too little. Like light and salt which don't make any noise, we can be a Christian model for others without speaking, but living a life that reflects it. We need to live a life that is pleasing to the Lord. We must live according to what He wants us to do.

Father God, Lord I know that my life is imperfect, and that it is filled with evil desires, but Lord, by your blood I pray that you forgive me and empower me to live a life that is according to your will. Let me speak when you want me to speak, act the way you want me to act, do what you want me to do, don't do what you want me to not do. Lord, I pray for your strength to be salt and light to others. I pray for your Holy Spirit to anoint me. I want to give you all the glory in Jesus name.
Amen.

No comments: