Friday, August 29, 2008

God's Standards Are High, Yet We Have The Lord's Strength

Ezekiel 5:5-7
5 "This is what the Sovereign LORD says: This is Jerusalem, which I have set in the center of the nations, with countries all around her. 6 Yet in her wickedness she has rebelled against my laws and decrees more than the nations and countries around her. She has rejected my laws and has not followed my decrees.
7 "Therefore this is what the Sovereign LORD says: You have been more unruly than the nations around you and have not followed my decrees or kept my laws. You have not even conformed to the standards of the nations around you.


Christians are held to a higher standard than those of the world. We have been given the laws of God, we know what He has for us, we have a relationship with the Lord, yet when we sin, we are worst than any non-Christian. They are lost, yet we know the law, yet choose to sin against Him.

Sometimes it feels so difficult to hold myself up to a higher standard, to God’s standard, and sometimes it feels unfair to be a Christian, because we know what is right and holy. But, the Lord is with us, we are Salvation, and we know God with an intimate relationship. He will give us strength. He will be our Rock. We should be joyful because we have the Lord on our side.

Father God, I thank you for this word that you gave. Though it is words of warnings, the outcome is a realization for your Love for us. I know that you are with me. I know that there is more than my own fears, but to trust in You and to live a life according to your ways. I thank you for all that we have been through together, and I know that you will not let up. I keep you as my strength. Use me in your ways I pray, in Jesus name.
Amen.

No comments: