Monday, July 21, 2008

We Serve A Living God

2 Kings 19:15-19
15 And Hezekiah prayed to the LORD : "O LORD, God of Israel, enthroned between the cherubim, you alone are God over all the kingdoms of the earth. You have made heaven and earth. 16 Give ear, O LORD, and hear; open your eyes, O LORD, and see; listen to the words Sennacherib has sent to insult the living God.

17 "It is true, O LORD, that the Assyrian kings have laid waste these nations and their lands. 18 They have thrown their gods into the fire and destroyed them, for they were not gods but only wood and stone, fashioned by men's hands. 19 Now, O LORD our God, deliver us from his hand, so that all kingdoms on earth may know that you alone, O LORD, are God."


God's words is His Spirit speaking through the Holy Scriptures. We serve a living God. One that can hear, speak, and change lives. It says it right here, that the God of this universe is a living God. It is not made out of stone, or wood, or from man, but He is the one which created all things.

This passage speaks of the great God that we serve. We are in a relationship with this great God and He speaks to me. He lives in me. And He continues to use me in mighty ways.

Father, I love the relationship that we have. I know that you are with me. Your Spirit guides me through my days. I pray for your breath to continue to speak into my life. You, a great God who is above this world, are worthy to be praised and glorified. I thank you for your cross, for your death. I give you honor and glory and praise in Jesus name.
Amen.

No comments: