Friday, June 27, 2008

Form Of Godliness, Inside And Out

2 Tim 3:2-3
2People will be lovers of themselves, lovers of money, boastful, proud, abusive, disobedient to their parents, ungrateful, unholy, 3without love, unforgiving, slanderous, without self-control, brutal, not lovers of the good, 4treacherous, rash, conceited, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God— 5having a form of godliness but denying its power. Have nothing to do with them.


This passage shows me that to not go into a form of godliness, having features that show my Christian behavior, but not having the heart of God on the inside. It is so easy to just go through the motions, but when the heart is full of sin, then it is not God's will, but the flesh.

I need to not just go through motions. I need to get rid of any kind of fleshly desires in the heart, and take up God's love and will for my life. I need to let my worship and praise and all that I do be coming from the Holy Spirit.

Father, I thank you for your love for me. Clean me up from the inside out, so that I may do a great thing in Christ Jesus. Work on my heart and let me continue to desire you in all things. I know that you are blessing me with your Spirit and continue to give me your heart to serve and worship. I thank you and praise you in Jesus name.
Amen.

No comments: