Saturday, April 19, 2008

Prayer Pleases The Lord

Matt 6:6-8
6But when you pray, go into your room, close the door and pray to your Father, who is unseen. Then your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you. 7And when you pray, do not keep on babbling like pagans, for they think they will be heard because of their many words. 8Do not be like them, for your Father knows what you need before you ask him.


Prayer is crucial to a good relationship with the Lord Jesus Christ. If we don't talk to Him, then how can we have a relationship with Him. He wants us to be obedient to Him and talk to Him daily. We don't pray because we want to ask God to do something because He already knows our hearts, but it is to submit to Him and to nurture our relationship with Him.

I want to pray more daily. I need that kind of relationship with the Lord if I am to be Christ-like. Though He knows my heart, I pray not to inform Him, but to build that relationship with Him and to trust in Him and grow closer to God.

Father, I thank you for this verse in your words. I know that I can pray more and talk to you more. Let me want to and desire to pray to you daily. Let that be my challenge. I thank you again for what you have done and I pray all these things in your Holy name.
Amen.

No comments: