Wednesday, April 02, 2008

Overcoming Deception

Judges 16:15-19
15 Then she said to him, "How can you say, 'I love you,' when you won't confide in me? This is the third time you have made a fool of me and haven't told me the secret of your great strength." 16 With such nagging she prodded him day after day until he was tired to death.

17 So he told her everything. "No razor has ever been used on my head," he said, "because I have been a Nazirite set apart to God since birth. If my head were shaved, my strength would leave me, and I would become as weak as any other man."

18 When Delilah saw that he had told her everything, she sent word to the rulers of the Philistines, "Come back once more; he has told me everything." So the rulers of the Philistines returned with the silver in their hands. 19 Having put him to sleep on her lap, she called a man to shave off the seven braids of his hair, and so began to subdue him. And his strength left him.


We can always be deceived by many people. For Samson, he was deceived through his love for such women. Throughout his life, he was deceived by them and always given over to his enemies because of them.

We need to be watchful of the people we feel might deceive us. We must trust in the Lord and he will deliver us.

Father, I thank you for this word. I know that you have plans to prosper us and not to harm us. Lord, I take hold of that promise that you have made. I pray that your spirit discern through me so that I may not be deceived by the devil. Lord, I pray that you be with me like how your Spirit was on Samson. I thank you for all of this and I give you all the glory in Jesus name.
Amen.

No comments: