Saturday, March 01, 2008

T5+: Finish What God Started

When Pastor Steve spoke about getting rid of things that bring you down, Jesse's heart began to pound. He could see the covers of CD's he knew depressed him. Upon returning home, Jesse went straight to his CD case and threw away every one that had come to mind.

A month later, as Jesse was listening to his MP3 player, a song from one of those CD's began to play. Immediately his heart pounded again and he knew he needed to delete it. Instead he told himself, It isn't a big deal; it's only one song. Within a matter of weeks, he had repurchased all the CDs he had thrown away. Months later, his depression worsened to the point that Jesse's mother pursued professional psychological help for him.
I said, "...You shall not make a covenant with the people of this land, but you shall break their alters." Yet you have disobeyed me... They will be [thorns] in your sides and their gods will be a snare to you (Judges 2:1-30.

Jesse's life could have been different had he finished what he started. it can be difficult to give up something when God asks you, but often the consequences of disobeying Him are far worse.

The Holy Spirit shows me the truth and the way. The flesh is strong and temptation can be hard to fight, but with the Spirit of God; trust in Him and you will be saved.

Father God, I trust you will all my heart and all my mind and all my strength. Lead me not into temptation but let me be delivered so that I can live in the truth. Keep me Holy so that I may live for You. I thank you Lord for your grace from all the times that I have fallen short of your glory. I pray for your forgiveness, Jesus. Let me live in your Spirit I pray, in Jesus name.
Amen.

No comments: