Thursday, March 06, 2008

Over Flatter

Psalm 36:1-3
1 An oracle is within my heart
concerning the sinfulness of the wicked: [a]
There is no fear of God
before his eyes.

2 For in his own eyes he flatters himself
too much to detect or hate his sin.

3 The words of his mouth are wicked and deceitful;
he has ceased to be wise and to do good.


It is a sin to think of yourself with a big head. You will only leave God out of your life. When you self-flatter yourself, you will lose sight of what God wants in your life.

We must live a life that exults God. When we think of ourselves to much, we leave no account for God to do anything in our lives. We must put our confidence not in ourselves, but in Christ Jesus.

Father, I thank you for your words. I pray that I may trust in you and you alone. Lord, I know that there are times that I am over confident in myself, so break me down and make me humble. Give me a new attitude to serve you with all my heart. I pray that I may have the confidence in You. I thank you for this and I pray that your Holy Spirit work in my life.
Amen.

No comments: