Saturday, March 08, 2008

Choosing Jesus

Mark 15:6-11
6Now it was the custom at the Feast to release a prisoner whom the people requested. 7A man called Barabbas was in prison with the insurrectionists who had committed murder in the uprising. 8The crowd came up and asked Pilate to do for them what he usually did.

9"Do you want me to release to you the king of the Jews?" asked Pilate, 10knowing it was out of envy that the chief priests had handed Jesus over to him. 11But the chief priests stirred up the crowd to have Pilate release Barabbas instead.


Here the Jews chose to release a murderer instead of Jesus. The Jews chose this sinful person over Jesus. Often times, we choose sin over Jesus. We are no better than these Jews when we don't make Jesus our decision.

I want to choose Jesus. I want to make Him my choice. I want to choose Him over other things that get in my way of living for Christ. Instead of falling short of His standards, I want to choose to live my life for Him.

Father, I choose you. Let me not be like the Jews that chose a murderer instead of choosing you. Lord, I thank you for your death on the cross, because you died for my sins. I thank you Lord. I pray that I choose you in my decisions and I pray that you be with me. In Jesus name I pray all these things.
Amen.

No comments: