Thursday, March 20, 2008

God Will Punish

Psalm 69:23-28
23 May their eyes be darkened so they cannot see,
and their backs be bent forever.

24 Pour out your wrath on them;
let your fierce anger overtake them.

25 May their place be deserted;
let there be no one to dwell in their tents.

26 For they persecute those you wound
and talk about the pain of those you hurt.

27 Charge them with crime upon crime;
do not let them share in your salvation.

28 May they be blotted out of the book of life
and not be listed with the righteous.


Sometimes we feel these ways too when we get angry against people. We want to take revenge for ourselves. We start to take up anger in our hearts. We want to pray that God punishes these wicked people that tick us off. But, it is not us that judges, but the Lord.

He is the one that will punish the wicked. We must remember that God is ultimately in control and that give up all situations into His hands.

Father, I thank you for these words from your servant David. I pray that your spirit be overflowing into my life. I pray against the sin of anger and revenge. I cast that out in Jesus name. I know that you are in control and that you will punish the wicked for the sins that are done. I let you have control and give it all to you. I pray all these things in your glorious name.
Amen.

No comments: