Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Acting In Line

Gal 2:14-16
14When I saw that they were not acting in line with the truth of the gospel, I said to Peter in front of them all, "You are a Jew, yet you live like a Gentile and not like a Jew. How is it, then, that you force Gentiles to follow Jewish customs?

15"We who are Jews by birth and not 'Gentile sinners' 16know that a man is not justified by observing the law, but by faith in Jesus Christ. So we, too, have put our faith in Christ Jesus that we may be justified by faith in Christ and not by observing the law, because by observing the law no one will be justified.


Even some of the highest apostles can not stand up to God's standard. Here, Paul tells Peter that he is not acting in line with the truth of the gospel. Sometimes, we need someone to show us the truth. Paul spoke truth in to Peter, so that he may know the the law.

Sometimes, we don't see ourselves getting out of line so we need someone to show us that we are not in like with the truth. It can be tough. The truth can hurt sometimes, but only through Christ Jesus can we be justified.

Father, I thank you for your words, your law. I thank you for showing us the law so that we recognize how far we are from it. I pray that my faith in Christ not be masked by sin, but with your light, so that I may have Salvation in your name. I pray that I show others that need to be told the truth of your gospel. I thank you for your word and I pray this in Jesus name.
Amen.

No comments: