Wednesday, February 27, 2008

I'm Glad God's Not A Man

Numbers 23:19-20
19 God is not a man, that he should lie,
nor a son of man, that he should change his mind.
Does he speak and then not act?
Does he promise and not fulfill?

20 I have received a command to bless;
he has blessed, and I cannot change it.


The Lord is not a man who should take back what he says. He is holy and does not lie. He does not deceive like the devil. The Lord keeps his promise, his promise to us and our lives.

I must remember the Lord's promise. His promise of salvation for all that trust in Him. His promise for a full life. His promise of love for me.

Father God, I thank you for your promises to me. Lord, I know that you are a God and not a man like me who is wishy washy about his decisions. Lord, I take hold of your words and I pray that it sprout in my faith that holds on to you.
Amen.

No comments: