Thursday, January 31, 2008

Turn In Your Heart

Acts 7:37-40
37"This is that Moses who told the Israelites, 'God will send you a prophet like me from your own people.'[h] 38He was in the assembly in the desert, with the angel who spoke to him on Mount Sinai, and with our fathers; and he received living words to pass on to us.

39"But our fathers refused to obey him. Instead, they rejected him and in their hearts turned back to Egypt. 40They told Aaron, 'Make us gods who will go before us.


It is so easy to reject what the Lord tells us. His words is law and we must obey His law. When we reject His law, then we turn from Him. Just like the Israelites and how they turned by to Egypt in their hearts, it is easy for me to turn to sin in my own heart.

Even if I don't sin through action, I can be turning away from my Lord and turning to sin in my heart. I need to hold Jesus close to my heart so that I may no sin.

Father, I thank you for your word and I pray that I may hold on to you in my heart. Strengthen me from temption. I pray that I may hold you close and never let you go. Your love for me is awesome and I know that you will be with me when I need you. I pray that I focus more on you. Thank you and I pray all these things in your Holy name.
Amen.

No comments: