Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Love Like The Lord

Gen 37:3-4
3 Jacob loved Joseph more than any of his other children because Joseph had been born to him in his old age. So one day Jacob had a special gift made for Joseph—a beautiful robe. 4 But his brothers hated Joseph because their father loved him more than the rest of them. They couldn't say a kind word to him.


I'm glad that our Father in heaven does not find favorites. If He had favorites, I KNOW that I would not be one of his favorites. I thank God that he is loving to everyone equally. He loves me even if there is a person that is better than me in looks, sports, intelligence. He loves me no matter what.

Just like God, I need to be able to love one another, even though sometimes it is tough to do that. If he can love the worst of sinners, then I can love my brother or sister that annoys me.

Father, I thank you for your love. You sent your one and only Son to die for me, so that I may be saved. I thank you that you don't play favorites like Jacob, that you will love me as much as anyone else. Lord, I thank you and I pray that I be able to do the same. Let me love others who I can't stand. Let me show kindness even though I really dislike them. Lord, let me be more like you. I thank you for your word and I pray this in your Holy name.
Amen.

No comments: