Sunday, January 13, 2008

Get The Fear Out

Gen 32:9-11
9 Then Jacob prayed, "O God of my father Abraham, God of my father Isaac, O LORD, who said to me, 'Go back to your country and your relatives, and I will make you prosper,' 10 I am unworthy of all the kindness and faithfulness you have shown your servant. I had only my staff when I crossed this Jordan, but now I have become two groups. 11 Save me, I pray, from the hand of my brother Esau, for I am afraid he will come and attack me, and also the mothers with their children. 12 But you have said, 'I will surely make you prosper and will make your descendants like the sand of the sea, which cannot be counted.' "


As Jacob is going back to see his brother, he is afraid when he hears that his brother is coming to meet him. Even though the lord has promised him to prosper back home, he is still afraid when he hears this news. Many times fear drives us to do things that God does not want us to do. Fear cripples us to listen and to act out what the Lord wants from us.

I need to leave the spirit of fear out from my life. Fear of ministry, fear of commitment, fear of failing. I need to denounce the spirit of fear and take hold of God's promise of Victory.

Father God, I thank you for your Victory that has already been given to us. Lord, I pray that the fear in me be bound up in Jesus name and cast out. Let the fear come out and let me know that you are with me, and when you are with me, who shall be against me. Lord, I thank you for this, and I pray that fruits will start to show and to prosper without this fear dragging me down. Lord, I thank you and give you all the glory in Jesus name.
Amen.

No comments: