Sunday, July 15, 2007

God's Discipline

Heb 12:7-11
7Endure hardship as discipline; God is treating you as sons. For what son is not disciplined by his father? 8If you are not disciplined (and everyone undergoes discipline), then you are illegitimate children and not true sons. 9Moreover, we have all had human fathers who disciplined us and we respected them for it. How much more should we submit to the Father of our spirits and live! 10Our fathers disciplined us for a little while as they thought best; but God disciplines us for our good, that we may share in his holiness. 11No discipline seems pleasant at the time, but painful. Later on, however, it produces a harvest of righteousness and peace for those who have been trained by it.


This verse of discipline from the Lord shows the love and care that he has for his people. Sometimes it hurts to be disciplined, but later in life it shows your character and your traits to be more mature. The Lord disciplines his children through love.

Sometimes it's hard to be disciplined. You don't know why everything is wrong, you don't know what the reason is, but you know that through struggles, clarity and truth will reveal itself. For God loves us so much that Christ Jesus went through discipline on Earth, we too will go through discipline for ourselves to come out more closer to Holiness.

Father God, I thank you for your love for us. I know that your name is a name above all other names. I thank you for your discipline for me, that I may grow closer to you. Lord, I pray that I learn to persevere through tough times, and to know you more. I thank you for this rhema, and I give you all the glory in Jesus name.
Amen.

No comments: