Friday, May 18, 2007

Pleasing To God

1 King 3:2-5

2(E)The people were still sacrificing on the high places, because there was no house built for the name of the LORD until those days.

3Now (F)Solomon loved the LORD, (G)walking in the statutes of his father David, except he sacrificed and burned incense on the high places.

4(H)The king went to (I)Gibeon to sacrifice there, (J)for that was the great high place; Solomon offered a thousand burnt offerings on that altar.

5(K)In Gibeon the LORD appeared to Solomon (L)in a dream at night; and God said, "(M)Ask what you wish me to give you."


The Lord our God is a gracious and loving God. He loves us enough to give us chances. When we mess things up, He will always give us chances. He wants us to succeed. Here, the people are sacrificing to God in a place that God would not want them to sacrifice in. He still likes the sacrifices, but wants it to be in a Holy place. God wants to set things right by having a Temple for Him where it is made Holy for Him. Solomon is the King who is responsible for the building of His temple. God lets us get away with some things that He would prefer us to do more so His way, which shows of us love and grace towards us.

There are probably some things in my life that are not sinful, yet still not according to God's will. It is not a bad thing in God's eyes, yet it is not also a good thing as well. I want to have God show me what I am doing that is not pleasing to Him and I want to be able to change.

Father God, I thank you for your grace and your mercy. Lord, I pray that you open my eyes up and open my heart up to know your will. I want to have a heart that pleases you. Lord, if I am doing anything that is unpleasing to your will, show it to me, open my eyes to it. Let me know what it is and let me be able to change according to your will. Lord, I pray that I have a changed heart. I give you thanks and glory and I pray this in Jesus name.
Amen.

No comments: