Tuesday, May 22, 2007

A Holy Temple

1 King 8:26-28
26"Now therefore, O God of Israel, let Your word, I pray, be confirmed (AI)which You have spoken to Your servant, my father David.

27"But will God indeed dwell on the earth? Behold, (AJ)heaven and the highest heaven cannot contain You, how much less this house which I have built!

28"Yet have regard to the (AK)prayer of Your servant and to his supplication, O LORD my God, to listen to the cry and to the prayer which Your servant prays before You today;


Solomon has made God's temple, but like he says, God can not be contained in one building. He can not be contained, period. He is who He is. He is with each one of us, in each of our lives. He lives in us, for we are also His temple. Because He lives in us, we need to be Holy as this temple was made Holy.

Nothing can contain the Lord my God. He is the one and mighty God. He is the one who dwells in me. My life, my heart is a temple for my Lord, my God. I want to make holy my life for my Lord, Christ Jesus.

Father God, I pray to you today that I have sinned and fallen short of your Holy, your Glory. Lord, I pray to you that you make me and my life Holy before you. Lord, I pray that you may want to dwell in my heart. Lord, I thank you for your blood for it is the only thing that may cleanse me of my sins. Lord I thank you for dwelling in my temple. I pray that I can make this temple Holy before you. I give all the thanks to you and give you all the Glory. In Jesus name.
Amen.

No comments: