Sunday, April 08, 2007

Holding God Back

Joshua 7:10-12
10GOD said to Joshua, "Get up. Why are you groveling? 11Israel has sinned: They've broken the covenant I commanded them; they've taken forbidden plunder--stolen and then covered up the theft, squirreling it away with their own stuff. 12The People of Israel can no longer look their enemies in the eye--they themselves are plunder. I can't continue with you if you don't rid yourselves of the cursed things.


God's kingdom is Holy. When God gave these orders on what to do, he wanted everything to be Holy for his people. When some of the things that God said to do was not done, and unholy items were left in the camp, God's presence was not with them. God was not with the people when they fought because something was holding God back.

I know that there are things in my life that hold me back from having a holy relationship with the Lord Christ Jesus. Some of these things are my sins, some of these things are selfishness, time I want for my self. These are the things that I need to give up to the Lord. I need to give them up to God, and let him take control of my life.

Father God I give you my life. I give you my all. Whatever is holding me back, Lord, take it from me. whatever is holding me from having a holy relationship with you, I give to you. Lord, I pray that I have strength from the Holy Spirit that I can stay strong for you. Lord, I give all these up to you in Jesus name.
Amen.

No comments: