Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Take A Break

Mark 6:30-32

30The apostles then rendezvoused with Jesus and reported on all that they had done and taught. 31Jesus said, "Come off by yourselves; let's take a break and get a little rest." For there was constant coming and going. They didn't even have time to eat.

32So they got in the boat and went off to a remote place by themselves.


Sometimes when you do so much, you get tired. The body is only Human and it gets tired. Sometimes you need to rest, take a vacation. Though it doesn't sound like it, this verse is the way that the disciples and Jesus took a vacation, they got into a boat away from everything. Jesus' example is to rest when you exhaust yourself.

I sometimes feel like there are so many things that are going on in my life. Sometimes, it is good for me, sometimes it is too much and can tired my body. I need to know when those times are so that, when I really am tired, I don't overdo things. I don't want to do too much that it breaks down the body.

Father God, you have taught me to work hard and to do many things for you, but I thank you for also teaching me that there is time to rest, to take a break, to get away from it all to have some time for yourself. Lord, I thank you for what you have done, and I also want to thank you for the time we take to rest. Let it be blessed so that we always feel refreshed to do more for you. Lord, I thank you and give you all the glory in Jesus name.
Amen.

No comments: