Sunday, February 11, 2007

Salvation Is Forever

"Pay attention, my people.
Listen to me, nations.
Revelation flows from me.
My decisions light up the world.
My deliverance arrives on the run,
my salvation right on time.
I'll bring justice to the peoples.
Even faraway islands will look to me
and take hope in my saving power.
Look up at the skies,
ponder the earth under your feet.
The skies will fade out like smoke,
the earth will wear out like work pants,
and the people will die off like flies.
But my salvation will last forever,
my setting-things-right will never be obsolete. Isaiah 51:4-6

This is exactly what is going on in the world. Everything that we see will fade away. Even the sky won't be there someday. The earth under us is starting to break apart. The people today won't be here many years later. This world won't last forever. But like God says, His words will last forever. His promise for everlasting life will always be there. He will never leave us nor forsake us.

I know that God is eternal. He is everlasting. His words will be there for all eternity. This world that I live in will decay, will break apart, will be destroyed, but His promise of salvation for us will remain. That is what God is so Great.

Lord, I thank you for your promise to me of salvation. You are my Lord and you will always be there for me. I pray that you be my strength and my power as you will always be there and even after this earth that I'm in, you will remain with me forever. I thank you and I want to give you all the glory and honor. I thank you for your words. Bless the word in my heart that it remain in me. I give you thanks. In Jesus name.
Amen.

No comments: