Thursday, December 07, 2006

Strength Through Fasting

15 Then Esther sent this reply to Mordecai: 16 "Go, gather together all the Jews who are in Susa, and fast for me. Do not eat or drink for three days, night or day. I and my maids will fast as you do. When this is done, I will go to the king, even though it is against the law. And if I perish, I perish." Esther 4:15-16

As there are times of trouble, Esther and Mordecai fast and pray. They fast and pray to strengthen their faith in the Lord.

I need to be stronger in my faith by learning how to fast and how to pray. When I fast, I need to keep my mind on the Lord. I need to pray through tough times even though the Lord is with me.

Lord I pray that I have strength to be a strong christian and learn to pray and learn to fast as you have. I pray that I may be stronger in my faith through these things. I thank you for everything such as my workplace and my family. I say this is Jesus name.
Amen.

No comments: