Sunday, December 31, 2006

Rhema In His Words

He went on to open their understanding of the Word of God, showing them how to read their Bibles this way. He said, "You can see now how it is written that the Messiah suffers, rises from the dead on the third day, and then a total life-change through the forgiveness of sins is proclaimed in his name to all nations—starting from here, from Jerusalem! You're the first to hear and see it. You're the witnesses. What comes next is very important: I am sending what my Father promised to you, so stay here in the city until he arrives, until you're equipped with power from on high." Luke 24:45-49

Sometimes it is hard to read the Word of the Lord. Sometimes you don't understand it the first time. Sometimes you need an opening of the Word. Jesus can do this.

As I read the Word, I need the Holy Spirit to give me a rhema to, not just understand the Bible, but to be spoken from His words. That is what I do when I journal. That is what I do when I seek Him. As I continue to journal through 2007, I countinue to seek after Him.

Lord, I pray to you with all my heart that you continue to let me grow in your words. I pray that I have an open heart so that you may give me a rhema every time I read yoru word. I thank you for 2006 and for letting me grow in you and continue to keep growing in your through 2007. I pray for everyone of my friends and family that the Holy Spirit open their hearts to seek you and to be saved by you Lord. I pray that you let me be a witness to them and to do your works. I pray and give all my thanks and honor God in Jesus name.
Amen.

No comments: