Tuesday, December 05, 2006

The Intangibles

42"Woe to you Pharisees, because you give God a tenth of your mint, rue and all other kinds of garden herbs, but you neglect justice and the love of God. You should have practiced the latter without leaving the former undone. Luke 11:42

God sees not what you give, but also what is intangible in your heart. Things like Love and Peace and Compassion are some of the things that can be spoken bigger than any gift given.

I need to also give of my intangibles to the Lord. I can give my time, my effort, and my knowledge. God does not look at just the things that I contribute, but also the direction that my heart is led to.

Lord, I pray to you Father for such things as these. These intangible things that I can do for you are things that can't be held. I pray that you give me a heart to do your will and have a heart like your heart, where I may be Christ-like. I thank you Lord for everything that you have done for me, and have helped me along with my school work and have been with me through this week. Lord I pray that you continue to work in my heart and guide me as This semester concludes. I pray this all in Jesus name.
Amen.

No comments: