Saturday, March 26, 2011

A New Covenant Through Jesus

1 Cor 11:25
25 In the same way, after supper he took the cup, saying, “This cup is the new covenant in my blood; do this, whenever you drink it, in remembrance of me.”


Paul is writing to the church in correction of the Lord's Supper. He corrects the intent and heart that the people have when going through this. In it, he reminds those that take it in remembrance of what Jesus did at the Cross. He speaks of the new covenant that we have the the Lord.

I'm so glad that we have a new covenant with God. It is only through Him that we may be saved. We don't have to go through burnings and sacrifices and priests, but through the new covenant, we are redeemed by Jesus Christ.

Father God, I thank you so much for the Lord Christ Jesus. I know that I am grateful of His death on the Cross. I give this prayer in thanksgiving. I give Jesus all the glory, because now I can receive salvation through the Cross. I am so thankful. I pray this in Jesus name.
Amen.

No comments: