Saturday, July 03, 2010

Worthy Of This Calling

2 Thess 1:11-12
11 Therefore we also pray always for you that our God would count you worthy of this calling, and fulfill all the good pleasure of His goodness and the work of faith with power, 12 that the name of our Lord Jesus Christ may be glorified in you, and you in Him, according to the grace of our God and the Lord Jesus Christ.


The people of Thessalonian receive a letter by Paul that encourages them and gives them boldness of the faith in Christ Jesus. He reassures them to continue to glorify God and to do His work of faith.

There are times when I have doubts about God's calling for me, that the journey is very difficult, but to continue to put my faith in Jesus. This passage encourages me that this is my calling by Christ, to move forward in faith, to be rooted in His word, and to pray and spend time in His presence.

Father God, I thank you for your words. I thank you for giving me my calling and that You find me worthy to do so. I put my faith in You. Allow me to continue on in grace. I pray that Your glory and honor be known, and that I not lose faith in You. I thank you so much for all that you have blessed me with. I give you all the praise in Jesus mighty name.
Amen.

No comments: