Friday, October 17, 2008

We Are So Quick To Blame God

Job 2:4-10
4 "Skin for skin!" Satan replied. "A man will give all he has for his own life. 5 But stretch out your hand and strike his flesh and bones, and he will surely curse you to your face."

6 The LORD said to Satan, "Very well, then, he is in your hands; but you must spare his life."

7 So Satan went out from the presence of the LORD and afflicted Job with painful sores from the soles of his feet to the top of his head. 8 Then Job took a piece of broken pottery and scraped himself with it as he sat among the ashes.

9 His wife said to him, "Are you still holding on to your integrity? Curse God and die!"

10 He replied, "You are talking like a foolish woman. Shall we accept good from God, and not trouble?"
In all this, Job did not sin in what he said.


Sometimes when trouble comes out way, we like to blame God. We would wonder why He isn't there for us. Job was strong. He was faithful to the Lord. He had faith that the Lord God was still in control.

We lose faith so easily when things don't go right. We wonder and end up blaming God for our troubles. It is so easy to do that. We must keep in our faith and know that the Lord is in control of all things.

Father God, I thank you for the troubles that you allow me to go through. I know that you love me so much, and that you allow these things to build me up and grow me in character. I pray for the strength to go through tough times, and to put my faith in you and you alone. I thank you for your strength. Thank you and I pray this in Jesus Holy and Mighty name.
Amen.

No comments: