Saturday, May 24, 2008

Christ Died For Sinners

Romans 5:6-8
6You see, at just the right time, when we were still powerless, Christ died for the ungodly. 7Very rarely will anyone die for a righteous man, though for a good man someone might possibly dare to die. 8But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us.


God's love is so awesome. Here, the passage is trying to compare the greatness of His love for us in terms that humanity can resemble it. How much more will God love us and die for us than us humans wanting to die for a righteous man. And how awesome is He to die for us when we are in sin.

God is good. He died for me even when I was in sin. He loves me even when I am against Him. I need to be more like Christ in this manner. That I may love someone even though they would hate me. That is how great God's love is.

Lord, I thank you for your love. If it wasn't for your love for me, I would still be in sin. I thank you for salvation through your blood on the cross. Lord, I thank you for dying for a sinner like myself. I know that you are an awesome God who I can't compare. Let me be more like you I pray in Jesus name.
Amen.

No comments: