Saturday, March 29, 2008

What Words Come From Your Tongue

Psalms 52:2-5
2 Your tongue plots destruction;
it is like a sharpened razor,
you who practice deceit.

3 You love evil rather than good,
falsehood rather than speaking the truth.
Selah

4 You love every harmful word,
O you deceitful tongue!

5 Surely God will bring you down to everlasting ruin:
He will snatch you up and tear you from your tent;
he will uproot you from the land of the living.
Selah

1 Cor 14:3-5
3But everyone who prophesies speaks to men for their strengthening, encouragement and comfort. 4He who speaks in a tongue edifies himself, but he who prophesies edifies the church. 5I would like every one of you to speak in tongues, but I would rather have you prophesy. He who prophesies is greater than one who speaks in tongues, unless he interprets, so that the church may be edified.


The tongue and the words we speak is a very powerful thing. It can make or break people and the way that we all live. God's words is an example of how great our words can be. In Psalms, it shows how our words can be used to destroy, but on the other side, in Corinthians, it shows how our words are able to be used to edify the church and everyone we come to talk to.

I want my words that I speak to be edifying and not to be used to destroy. I want to how God's words in my life so that I may speak His truth. I don't want evil to come from my mouth deceit to take over, but to have the Spirit of the Lord fill me from the inside out.

Father, I thank you for your words because it is the ultimate words that can be used to move lives and change hearts. I pray that your Holy Spirit fill me with and use me. I pray that my mouth be a Holy anointing to others and to lift up the church. I know that you will be in all these things and I pray that your Spirit guide and move me. I thank you and give you all the glory in Jesus name.
Amen.

No comments: