Monday, March 31, 2008

To Stay With Them

1 Cor 16:5-8
5After I go through Macedonia, I will come to you—for I will be going through Macedonia. 6Perhaps I will stay with you awhile, or even spend the winter, so that you can help me on my journey, wherever I go. 7I do not want to see you now and make only a passing visit; I hope to spend some time with you, if the Lord permits. 8But I will stay on at Ephesus until Pentecost, 9because a great door for effective work has opened to me, and there are many who oppose me.


This is just like new believers. You can not just pass them, but need to spend some time with them. You need to stay with them so that they are encouraged in the Lord.

Let me be able to do this for my new believers. I want to be able to stay with them so that they will be encouraged in the Lord.

Father, I thank you for this word that encourages me and challenges me to consolidate better. I pray that I not just pass by new believers, but encourage them and stay with them, walk with them through a new life in you. I thank you for this word and pray this in Jesus name.
Amen.

No comments: