Sunday, May 27, 2007

Focused On Keeping From Evil

Prov 4:21-27
20My son, (AG)give attention to my words;
(AH)Incline your ear to my sayings.
21(AI)Do not let them depart from your sight;
(AJ)Keep them in the midst of your heart.
22For they are (AK)life to those who find them
And (AL)health to all their body.
23Watch over your heart with all diligence,
For (AM)from it flow the springs of life.
24Put away from you a (AN)deceitful mouth
And (AO)put devious speech far from you.
25Let your eyes look directly ahead
And let your gaze be fixed straight in front of you.
26(AP)Watch the path of your feet
And all your (AQ)ways will be established.
27(AR)Do not turn to the right nor to the left;
(AS)Turn your foot from evil.


This verse speaks to me about being focused. Keep from the evil in this world and stay alert of the things that are in your way, so that you may focus on being Holy. We must turn our foot and our path to not go towards evil.

My God is a God of Holiness. I know that He will not like it if I am unholy in His eyes. I need to stay focused on Him and to keep my eyes towards Him. I need to make sure that I don't stumble and fall.

Father God, I thank you for your words. Lord, I pray that I may be kept Holy and focused on You. Lord, I give you all praise and all worship. I pray that my faith in you and my strength in you not fall, but let me be focused to You. Lord, let your spirit work in my life that I may always do what is right in Your eyes. I thank you and I give you all the praise and glory in Jesus name.
Amen.

No comments: