Monday, January 08, 2007

Ignoring God

Those who think they can do it on their own end up obsessed with measuring their own moral muscle but never get around to exercising it in real life. Those who trust God's action in them find that God's Spirit is in them—living and breathing God! Obsession with self in these matters is a dead end; attention to God leads us out into the open, into a spacious, free life. Focusing on the self is the opposite of focusing on God. Anyone completely absorbed in self ignores God, ends up thinking more about self than God. That person ignores who God is and what he is doing. And God isn't pleased at being ignored. Romans 8:5-8

Ignoring God is not the smartest thing to do. If you ignore God, you ignore his blessings, you ignore his guidance, you ignore his love; and that leads to openess to sin. If God is ignored, then the only thing that is left you yourself. Sin can feed on you and cause you into temptation.

I can't ignore God. He is the strength that I need to get through temptation. I have to put God first in my life. If God is ignored, then my priority is to myself and not to God.

Lord, I put you first in my life. I give you all the glory. I ask you for your forgiveness for my lack of strength in you and my fall of temptation. I pray that the Holy Spirit empower me to fight this temptation. Lord, I thank you for your love in my life. I thank you for your blessings. I give you all the glory and honor.
Amen.

No comments: