Wednesday, January 03, 2007

His Words Are Forever

First, there's the matter of being put in charge of writing down and caring for God's revelation, these Holy Scriptures. So, what if, in the course of doing that, some of those Jews abandoned their post? God didn't abandon them. Do you think their faithlessness cancels out his faithfulness? Not on your life! Depend on it: God keeps his word even when the whole world is lying through its teeth. Scripture says the same:

Your words stand fast and true;
Rejection doesn't faze you.

But if our wrongdoing only underlines and confirms God's rightdoing, shouldn't we be commended for helping out? Since our bad words don't even make a dent in his good words, isn't it wrong of God to back us to the wall and hold us to our word? These questions come up. The answer to such questions is no, a most emphatic No! How else would things ever get straightened out if God didn't do the straightening? Romans 3:2-6

God's words will always last forever. His words is the life of all that we hold on to. It is the law that we abide by. Even when we are not perfect, his words will still be the same, Holy and Everlasting.

I need to keep His words close to me. As I read his words, I let it change my heart to be closer to God. I need to continue to read His words and let me grow in knowledge and faith.

Lord, I thank you for your word. If it wasn't for you, then I would not be living in you. I pray that I keep seeking you and always keep your words close to me. I pray that you move in my heart as I get rhema from your words and let it change me to be a man of God. Thank you for your blessings.
Amen.

No comments: